Friday, July 6, 2012

Richie Sambora Photo Project

This is a very creative idea. For Richie's new song Every Road Leads Home To You he is asking for photos via Instgram. These photos are to be what YOU think the words mean and to hash tag the word and #RichieRoad in your tweet.
Help Richie Sambora create an Instagram photo-based video for the new song "Every Road Leads Home To You" from his upcoming album "Aftermath of the Lowdown." Before you hear the song, read the lyrics below and use Instagram to snap a photo of something in your world that represents the lyric.


Every Road Leads Home To You

I got your picture on my phone
Your voice in my head
And I’m lying here alone
Restless in some faraway bed

The stars are falling down
And I’m a half a world away
I’m just trying to close the distance
To feel each breath you take

When the bridge is burning,
and I’m losing my faith
And I’m trying to find my way towards the truth
Like a wild arrow flying
And I’m blindly running
From everything that I thought I knew
and every road leads home to you
home to you

So you got me to believe
Made me turn on a dime
The writing on the wall-
right in front me
Every song every rhyme

But I don’t need 1000 words
I need you safe in my arms
I’ll be standing strong-
I’ll keep holding on
When life tries tearing us apart

When the bridge is burning,
and I’m losing my faith
And I’m trying to find my way towards the truth
Like a wild arrow flying
And I’m blindly running
From everything I thought I knew

No I ain’t regretting
Just how lost I’m getting
Or the red lights I’ve been blowing through
My foot will find the pedal
as I’m counting the lines,
Every road leads home to you
Every road leads home to you

Home,
the road still leads me home to you
Sometimes I don’t see the signs,
The headlights make me blind
the road still leads me home
to you
When the bridge is burning,
and I’m losing my faith
And I’m trying to find my way towards the truth
Like a wild arrow flying
And I’m blindly running
From everything I thought I knew

No I ain’t regretting
Just how lost I’m getting
Or the red lights I’ve been blowing through
My foot will find the pedal
as I’m counting the lines,
Every road leads home to you
Every road leads home to you

Home to you
Home to you
Home to you







  You can also download the song from Richie's email though not everyone gets the email unless you are signed up with Richie's new website.   richiesambora.com


  1. Download Instagram (iPhone or Android)
  2. Follow @TheRealSambora on Instagram
  3. Take a photo representing a word in the lyrics
  4. Add the hashtag #RichieRoad
  5. Add a second hashtag related to the specific lyric your photo represents (ie: #phone for “phone” or #bridge for “bridge”)
  6. Upload the photo

Richie will choose his favorite photos from your submissions and make create a video, so everyone can see "Every Road Leads Home To You" through your eyes.

Have fun and be creative. It will be interesting to see which photos Richie picks. I wish everyone well. I also wish my contract was up and I could finally upgrade to an iPhone or an Android..... Damn 2 year contract. I am out of the running on this one... Good luck everyone....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Teri!
    I discovered your blog by searching around and I know you from posting on my JBJ page.

    I did enter this contest and spent 2 hours typing up 1000 words. EGADS! It was more than just words and the photo did not do it justice.

    Tomorrow, I hope to get my blog up about this and some other stuff.

    Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stormy: Yes I do post on a JBJ page or two. Nice to meet you. You did the 1000 words. WOW. Can not wait to see it.

      Would love to see your blog when it's up. Please let me know and send a link either here or on Twitter. @teripp

      Delete